We love Drupal. It is our preferred Website Content Management System. It is also our preferred platform for building all sorts of website applications from simple to complex. Drupal is so powerful that we think of it more as a website operating system. ISG was an early adopter of Drupal CMS and has watched its growth explode over the last few years.
ISG offers the following services for Drupal:
- Drupal Hosting
- Drupal website design and development
- Drupal maintenance and upgrades
- Drupal application architecture, programming, and integration
- Data migration, CMS migration
- Drupal services for website designers and graphic artists
ISG's hosting network is tailored for Drupal hosting. If you have a Drupal website and require a hosting provider who understands deployment and support, ISG will provide:
- Hosting account and MySQL database for your Drupal website
- Import your website into ISG's git version control system for tracking changes to Drupal files
- Configure proper file permissions in order to maximize security
- Ensure that Drupal core and any third-party modules or theme files are up to date
- Provide properly configured SMTP services
- Configure the Drupal cron job for regular execution
- Ensure your website and the database are backed up several times per day
- For new projects, we start with ISG's Drupal CMS, a full Drupal instance that is pre-configured with the most common modules and settings to get going quickly. At the start of your project, we already have a user friendly, full featured, Drupal engine that usually takes other vendors 3 days or more to build and configure.
- ISG has several Drupal modules which we have created to provide commonly requested business website features:
- Multimedia image/video galleries with capability for nested albums. Lightbox viewer allows the user to focus on the media being displayed and easily navigate through multiple images or videos.
- News and Announcements module to make it easy to create and feature news articles, press releases, and other important announcements on your website
- Events module makes it easy to announce events, maintain a calendar, and even allow online registrations and event management
- Project Portfolio module is perfect for service oriented businesses to showcase special projects. More than just a collection of pictures, our project portfolio module allows you to also tell the story behind your work and convey to your prospects the finer details about what they are looking at. Optionally categorize your projects and make it easy to browse large portfolios.
- We can create Drupal themes based on custom designs, or designs provided by your designer. For smaller projects or budgets, we can help you find an off-the-shelf theme from a third party provider and custom configure it for you.
- If you are running a supported version of Drupal, we can keep you up to date with the latest security and bug fixes.
- Upgrade Drupal core
- Upgrade third party modules
- Ensure that any required database schema updates are applied
- Address any potential configuration issues
- Sometimes updates can cause issues. We properly backup your database prior to making any changes and utilize ISG's git version control system to track all files. In the event of a failed update, we can roll back your website to avoid extended downtime while we make a plan to work around the issue.
- If you have a website running an older version of Drupal, we can perform an upgrade for you.
- We can assess your current website to identify any potential issues, such as third party modules which are no longer supported.
- We will perform the upgrade using our password protected staging environment so that your current site will stay up and running until the work is completed.
Drupal is a powerful platform to build complex web applications on. Allow ISG to:
- Analyze your specifications and carefully map them into a solution built on Drupal. If you are in the early stages of defining your project, engage with ISG to help you create a detailed specification and project plan.
- Identify third party modules which can be used in building your application. This saves time and money by using the power of Open Source and not reinventing the wheel.
- Identify any requirements which may require custom programming for implementation
- Create a detailed project plan and budget
- Implement your project, coordinate testing and acceptance
- Perform training and create documentation
Migrate websites and applications from other platforms to Drupal:
- Migrate from legacy or closed source applications
- Migrate from other CMS platforms, such as Joomla or WordPress
- Map and import data from custom databases
If you are a website designer or graphic artist, we know that you want to focus on the user experience and visual aspects of your project. If your customers are asking for challenging website features, let ISG handle the technical aspects of your project and allow you to focus on the design. Contact Us to discuss your needs.